Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Heirloom Quilt Repair

It's hard to believe....but yes it is a heirloom....my grandma made it for me.....and its 50 years old!
The last time I washed it the noticed the edges were fraying...
I had some flannel that matched...so I put a binding on it....
It will be good for the rest of my life time!!
My grandma wasn't the greatest quilt...she made quilts cause you needed them. This one...the white is flour sacks.... the lining looked like flour sacks or just cotton.... it's special as grandma made it.... when I realize how fast time goes... I think...who will have this quilt in 50 years....or will it be discarded?......

5 comments:

  1. It looks wonderful...what a priceless treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a treasure...you did a good job repairing it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully someone will always be there to love and treasure it! I find things in thrift stores that are obviously family heirlooms and yet, there they are! One such quilt frayed just as yours did and I repaired mine in the same manner as you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that is so lovely and special! I really hope someone in your family will treasure it and remember the love that went in to it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, what a treasure to have and it has a special attachment being from your grandmother. You did a great job fixing it. Jim found a book for me when we were on our way down to Texas last year. We were in the Great Smokey Mountains, the book is A People And Their Quilts by John Rice Irwin. I think you would enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by...

National Puppy Day

Miss Pepper…..she changed our life… But life wouldn’t be as full without her! She is a kind sweet puppy that always ‘try’s😳’ to please.