Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Planting Potatoes....

Hubby insisted that he wanted to plant potatoes..... We didn't plan a square box for potatoes...but he improvised....
He dug up a 4 foot square...added peat moss to the soil... and then followed the directions from our book for the potatoes...
Well it says....two holes in every 12 inches..
We added some of 'Mel's soil to every hole...
Then you cover the potatoes with the soil mix...but just cover it adding soil as they start to grow...

Well time will only tell what becomes..or not of this 4 x 4 area of potatoes....

Stay tuned......



6 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see how this goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also wanted to add that my hubby is doing things totally different this year with gardening, we constantly battle the weeds and this year he's adding inches and inches of mulch to help control the weeds....so far it seems to be working.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks really good!! I wanted to plant potatoes this year and the hubs said "are you out of your mind, do you know how cheap potatoes are.....and how will we ever eat all of them"?? He won, no potatoes!!

    On a side note, I read on Pinterest that people are using newspaper, under peat moss, to control weeds. We tried that with the vegetables we planted in pots. I'll let you know how that works out!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never grown potatoes and being a city slicker have only SEEN them in a garden maybe twice in my life!!
    I am in awe of those who can grow real food!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Potatoes are fun to grow. Who has the "green" thumb, you or DH?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I look forward to seeing some results!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by...

National Puppy Day

Miss Pepper…..she changed our life… But life wouldn’t be as full without her! She is a kind sweet puppy that always ‘try’s😳’ to please.