I have never had a Tostada...before we left AZ I picked up a package of them.
We found out they were a good substitute for Nacho Chips....
we broke some up and covered them with cheese and salsa...
They make a great meal...different from the taco's we have always used!
Tostadas with Beans and Salmon
- 6 tostadas
- 1 (7-ounce) salmon, drained
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 tablespoon(s) minced pickled jalapeños, divided
- 2 tablespoon(s) pickling juice from the pickled jalapeños jar
- 2 cup(s) coleslaw mix
- 2 tablespoon(s) chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cups black cooked beans
- 3 tablespoon(s) reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoon(s) prepared salsa
- 2 scallions, chopped
- Lime wedges
- Combine salmon, avocado, and jalapeños in a bowl. Combine cabbage, cilantro, and the pickling juice in another bowl. Mix black beans, sour cream, salsa, and scallions in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on High until hot, about 2 minutes.
- To assemble tostadas, spread
each tortilla with some bean mixture and some salmon mixture and top
with the cabbage salad. Serve with lime wedges.One question....how do you eat these...without making a big mess?:)