Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Packaged in the Field


Biking around Yuma we are still in awe of the Vegetable Fields we see!....When we come across a harvest...the smell of fresh vegetables is delicious!!
I never realized...that the lettuce is packaged and readied for delivery trucks right in the field!
After taking a few pictures...I turned around... Hubby had been given a couple packages of lettuce from the field!
So tonight the boxes packaged in the field today will be traveling to stores throughout the country...
When and pick up some lettuce at the grocery store.....chances are it was packaged...right in the field it grew!!
For supper we enjoyed a Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato Salad..... with FRESH lettuce straight from the field!!





5 comments:

  1. WoW, now that's fresh!!! eaten the same day it was picked!!! that's why I love having a garden. I can pick and eggplant, then eat it for dinner. or.....if you don't know what to have for dinner, you can walk outside and see what's waiting to be picked. I love fresh, and I love local!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oohhhhh and the salads look very yummy!!! no cheese for me, please!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no idea about the packaging, but it makes sense. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did not realize that it was packaged in the field. How wonderful to get some fresh lettuce for your salad!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that lettuce! Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by...

National Puppy Day

Miss Pepper…..she changed our life… But life wouldn’t be as full without her! She is a kind sweet puppy that always ‘try’s😳’ to please.