Tuesday, April 16, 2013

From Shirt to Apron...

Yesterday my sister and I spent the day together...shopping...
then she made a delicious lunch.
It was quiche...and if you haven't tried pineapple with your quiche...you must!
It is wonderful together!!...
she also had homemade chocolate pie for dessert.

Then we sewed....
she had found a project on Pinterest last fall ....making an apron from a man's dress shirt....
I  found this bright shirt at Goodwill in AZ....
But if you have old ones...it is a good way to put them to use!
 Here we are with our new aprons!...They go together very quickly!
Here are the instructions for the apron.
 I did change one thing. For the armholes, as they are cut on the bias...I sewed twill tape on before hemming to keep them from stretching!

13 comments:

  1. What a fabulous idea! I need to raid a closet that I know......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome BEV!!!
    Goodies for your lunch.
    Fantastic dresses. Color pretty spring.
    Greetings from Polish far.
    Lucia

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun and I love aprons of any kind. I'm going to check out the pattern, thanks for sharing it Bev.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very, very cute - and so are you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a cool idea...gonna pass this on to my Mom...I love aprons...the food looks awesome...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I LOVE this idea! I'll have to check this out and make some time to sew a few, one for me and a smaller one for Elyssa! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very clever. Thanks for the link

    Love that Hawaiian shirt for a summer apron.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't think I've seen those kinds of aprons - I love them. sandie

    ReplyDelete
  9. oohhhhhh what a great idea!! Fun, interesting print on yours!! I love Pinterest!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the mans dress shirt you found-great print!!
    looks like a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Clever girls! Now if I can just get my husband to part with one of his Hawaiian shirts...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by...

National Puppy Day

Miss Pepper…..she changed our life… But life wouldn’t be as full without her! She is a kind sweet puppy that always ‘try’s😳’ to please.