Monday, November 10, 2014

Watermelon Salad in November....

A little Tea House in our home town serves this delicious Watermelon Salad in the summer.

We arrived in Yuma a week ago and I found a watermelon for $1.00...yes it was at a Dollar Store...and it is DELICIOUS!!

We have enjoyed my copy cat version of that Tea House Salad a couple times this week....
Watermelon Salad
Broken up Lettuce
Chopped Almonds
Chucks of Watermelon
Feta Cheese
(amounts...do whatever works for you!)

Dressing
Olive Oil 1/4 cup
Vinegar (apple cider, regular...experiment with it:) 1/3 cup
Honey (or sugar ) 1/4 cup
approx 1 tsp poppy seeds

Shake together.... (the above should do two bowls of salad, if not make more!

Very delicious on these warm November days!!


3 comments:

  1. Ooh. That does sound good. Even pretty enough for a Christmas salad if one could find watermelon

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds GOOD!!! I have not had a good watermelon in ages! The last several were NOT good and I guess I simply do not know how to pick them! I make (when I can get a good melon) a salad using chopped mint leaves and feta cheese. No dressing. Easy and good. I hope I can remember your recipe! Reckon I better write it down! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That does sound good, but finding watermelon in the store this time of year is like finding a snowball in AZ.

    Glad you are settled once more in Yuma.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by...