Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Kitchen Duty

It was time to start another batch of Kombucha...so for my second fermentation... I decided since I have lots of apples in the house I would do an Apple Cider...
 I chopped an apple and put pieces in each of the bottles.
 Added about 1/4 tsp of cloves and 1/2 tsp of cinnamon ...plus a tsp of honey..
Filled the bottles with Kombucha...gave them a shake...
They will sit for a few days.... and hopefully carbonate!

Meanwhile...
I had a ham bone boiling in 2 quarts of water seasoned with Italian seasoning...
I fried chopped onion and 3 garlic cloves, added this
to the broth with a pound of soaked navy beans, celery, carrots and potato...seasoned with salt and pepper.
Lunch was served....
It was suppose to be the day I worked on my Christmas sewing...funny how a day can change!

9 comments:

  1. Oooh, that is one of my favorite soups in the Winter. I've never thought about adding a potato.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok i thought was a tea, usually buy at the grocery store. need 2 investigate more? ( ;

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness - that all looks very good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd say you had a very productive day and very tasty as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boy that soup looks and sounds amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Bev...long time no see!
    I just love Pea Soup...and I make it exactly the same way!
    Hope you are well...
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by...

National Puppy Day

Miss Pepper…..she changed our life… But life wouldn’t be as full without her! She is a kind sweet puppy that always ‘try’s😳’ to please.