Friday, August 9, 2013

Random Five Friday...

It has been a summer of hit and miss with posting .....and here it is well into August...
I am linking with....Nancy at Random 5 Friday

My Random Five will be some of the things we did this summer....

1. Attended the Provincial Lacrosse Tournament.... GS 3's team won bronze in Provincials..

2. Hubby and I spent time getting our new home ready....Hubby had some great help!!

3. While hubby was working outside on the deck... I was painting furniture. I wanted 'new' furniture...but WHY??...when paint does wonders to pieces!!! I had to chuckle as I remember about 30 years ago...we had some pieces that had layers of paint...and we stripped off all the paint to enjoy the wood.... I'm thinking....which generation will strip off the paint  I am now painting:)))

4. Attended a Family Reunion ....

5. Went camping with some of our children and grand children....We camped by one of the rivers that flooded in southern Alberta a month ago...The damage was still obvious in the park...
The edge of the banks still housed the larger trees that had been uprooted by the flood.
Have a great weekend!!



14 comments:

  1. It sounds like you've had a busy but fun summer! I remember my mom stripping paint off old furniture years and years ago, when the trend was to go with the natural wood. You're right--we're painting it again, so who will strip off that paint? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Busy summer.. and summer seems to be the fastest season i think! Glad you've made progress on your house. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have done the same thing, tho I am reapplying paint from stuff I removed 13 years ago-Family reunions are such fun and those are impressive roots that were torn up during the storm..nice tho that you could camp there now...congrats to the GS3's team at Lacrosse-that deck will be so nice to relax on and pretty soon it looks like :-).

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like "buying" refurbished furniture, i am not good at doing the work.

    sounds like you and the hubs are keeping busy this summer. family reunions in summer are sooo fun. we had one also!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i like that thought about who will be scrubbing off your paint...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bev,
    Good Luck with your house and furniture projects. A few years ago I refinished 2 Piano Benches. Re-doing furniture can turn into a big project.

    Hope you had fun with your family and camping. Fall will be here before we know it.

    Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. sounds like you've been busy but having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had to chuckle when I read about striping the paint off of furniture - I've done it and did indeed wonder what on earth were they thinking when they painted the beautiful wood. Enjoy your "new" furniture.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I guess the feeling is if it's painted -- strip it, if it's not painted, paint it! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay where did you buy and settle?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like you had a busy summer. I totally identify with the 'hit and miss' blogging. It's kind of hard to keep to a regular schedule in the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great family time...amazing you were able to camp where all that devastation remained. It's lovely in an eerie way though.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You've had a busy summer! I think most of us have, and I know I am far behind on my blogging! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by...

National Puppy Day

Miss Pepper…..she changed our life… But life wouldn’t be as full without her! She is a kind sweet puppy that always ‘try’s😳’ to please.