Thursday, May 9, 2013

Quilting Follow up...

A few weeks ago I did a post on a quilt I was working on.
Well it was going fairly well. I had everything cut!

All my Irish Chain Squares were made...

All my squares made...all my plates put together...
Ready to put them on the squares.....

I ended up with Dresden Plates...that did not want to cooperate with how the instructions said!!!
I put out an SOS to a quilting blogger and got numerous responses on how to fix my problem...
The ideas worked...and I have my first completed Dresden Plate square ready....
It's not perfect...but I'm happy with it!!

Now I only have 11 more to do...
I don't think this quilt will go together as fast as I had thought it would!


  1. I have to say I have never made a quilt - but I am going to! But alas can't help you now! sandie

  2. Looking good.

    A Dresden Plate is on my list to try some day. I have the template for the blades, so it's just a matter of time and courage.

  3. Looking good! I've never made a Dresden Plate before, I've been intimidated by them :)

  4. really neat! looks WAY too complex for me to even think about!

  5. Wow, that Dresden Plate did go together nicely! So glad you got the help you needed. That's going to be a great quilt!

  6. It is a true work of ART in progress!!!

  7. can't wait to see the finished one....awesome...

  8. So beautiful colors and materials ~ looks lovely! I look forward of seeing them all put together!

  9. it's going to be lovely ! :) I have a Dresden from my grandmother, and then a table runner that I did ( Done ) and pillow top ( almost ) and then a larger one to tie, rather than hand quilt ( 1/4 done ) I did not have troubles with the actual Dresdens but that may be because the pattern that I used did not require putting a middle circle inside. And if that's what is giving you difficulty then I'm glad that I didn't try : )


Thanks for dropping by...