Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Glacier

We travelled up the Endicott Fjord. Going up the Fjord to the Dawes Glacier, there are many waterfalls.
The closer you get to the Glacier the more icebergs you see floating in the water. I lost all my Glacier pictures so don't have a close up of an Ice berg...
We heard and saw the glacier calving... It was a huge hunk of ice and caused quite a wave. Some waves can be large enough to capsize a canoe!

I have put a  link to give you a better idea of what the Glacier is like. 
It is a peaceful and beautiful trip!


9 comments:

  1. oh my goodness...must add this to my bucket list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God's creation is awesome! Thanks for sharing your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous, nature at it's finest!!! i think waterfalls are natures magic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't get over how blue they are. Amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is amazing. I don't think that I've ever seen this color blue in nature... thanks for the first! I tried to link and for some reason it started and ran for about 3 seconds and stopped. I can google glaciers another time though, no worries.

    Have a fantastic Thursday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by...

National Puppy Day

Miss Pepper…..she changed our life… But life wouldn’t be as full without her! She is a kind sweet puppy that always ‘try’s😳’ to please.