Sunday, August 7, 2011

On The Coast - Astoria & Warrenton

One of the things in our bucket travel list is to travel the Oregon Coast. Since we were in Seattle, we decided that this would be a good time to travel down the coast!

Being in Alaska and not having access to internet put me behind in my blogging... so as I write this we have spend 5 days along the coast and I am at a loss to where to start with my Oregon Coast Post. Everyday we see breathtaking views, the scenery is just amazing. You could spend months on this coast as every corner has a new view. The  towns are close to each other and everyone has a unique personality! We had to pick and choose the towns and views we stopped at. So the next blogs will barely touch the beauty and history of this area.

So five days ago from this writing.....
We started our coast trip...in Astoria Oregon. The first thing that impressed me were the bridges. There is a lot of water to cross along the coast.
Astoria is the oldest settlement west of the Rockies. This year it celebrates its 200th birthday. 
We stayed in Warrenton that is beside Astoria...(you have to cross another bridge to get there!) 
In Warrenton we rode our bikes to Fort Stevens State Park.
 Ocean views along the way.
We arrived at the beach. There is nothing like seeing the endless ocean!
Along this beach is the wreck of the Peter Iredale.
Interesting......
 every Buoy needs a shop!

10 comments:

  1. oh, love the buoy shed! how cool and colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos! Keep them coming.

    Safe travels

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh where do i begin, everything is wonderful. if i must pick a favorite (who said you have to pick a favorite??) it would be the buoy shop. i wonder if that was a store or just a display?? it matters not, i love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, you are in our neck of the woods....well, we don't live on the coast, but just within 2 hours of Astoria. We do enjoy our coast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is a wonderful opportunity and amazing scenery. I love how you just decide to up and go somewhere, I find tons of joy in spontaneity. Your photos make me want to get in my car and drive until I find a coast somewhere, or better yet maybe go and raid your raspberry bushes while you're busy! lol Just kidding, I only wish I had the time to go and pick berries for you.

    Enjoy the rest of your trip, where are we heading to next? :-) Oh and please keep the photos coming, they are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! What a great notion for a getaway! I love trips like that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I first saw the last picture I thought it was a bottle house - it's a buoy house. What a great vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The 'Buoy Shop'...was just in someones back yard... it was their shop and it was covered in buoys...we found they used buoy's to decorate a lot along the coast.. restaurants, flower beds...vine creeper... very interesting...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoying your pics! More please......

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want to be there.....awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by...

National Puppy Day

Miss Pepper…..she changed our life… But life wouldn’t be as full without her! She is a kind sweet puppy that always ‘try’s😳’ to please.