Monday, August 1, 2011

Alaska

I lost all my pictures I took the first 5 days of our trip. I was so disappointed..but hubby had some pictures so the following are his pictures.
The first place we visited was Sitka, Alaska. 
It is known as Alaska's Little Russia. 
What I love about Sitka is all the little islands you see as you approach Sitka.
 St. Michael's Cathedral was built in 1844. It is one of the few places that look Russian in the town.
Juneau Alaska is the capital of Alaska. 
The following are now my pictures...
Ketchikan was the last city in Alaska that we visited. 
All 3 places greeted us with clouds and rain.

 One thing I found that these places had in common were the colourful buildings. 
Maybe it is because most days are dreary and wet so paint brightens the town?
These cities are built on hillsides. 
The only way to access them is by sea or air. 

Alaska is rich in history, gold, fishing, logging, wild life!

8 comments:

  1. I took a cruise there several years ago and the weather looked just like that...maybe it's always that way..cold and raining.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have a brother & sis-in-law in juneau. they love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry you lost your photos...so glad hubby got some....beautiful place...

    ReplyDelete
  4. lost pictures, my biggest nightmare!!!

    i think i am confused....i will go back over the last few posts and figure it out. i have this whole trip thing out of order!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry about your photos. That's a bummer.

    How interesting about these cities in Alaska. I guess I forgot about the Russia connection. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved your pictures - just watched the Sandra Bullock movie the Proposal that takes place in Sitka - I would love to go there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've always wanted to visit Alaska, now at least if I go I know what to expect! The photos are wonderful, unfortunate that you had so much rain but to get away I bet was amazing. Thank you for sharing Alaska with us. Sorry to hear about your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I love the look of those buildings!! What a neat adventure!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by...

National Puppy Day

Miss Pepper…..she changed our life… But life wouldn’t be as full without her! She is a kind sweet puppy that always ‘try’s😳’ to please.